Hey guys…today I got something for the sports people out there…especially for those who are interested in Basketball…those who follow the Beko BBL every now and then & of course for all those Ulmer and “Per Günther” fans out there.
First of all I have to give all my respect to the fans of “Rathiopharm Ulm”, who support their team amazingly & left such an enormous impression that I wanna go back to a game soon.
But let’s get back to the protagonist of this post “Per Günther”, who in my opinion is a great young man with a lot of character and humour. I wanna present him to u a little more privately…so I asked him 5 simple questions & found some neat little pieces around his apartment, which maybe gonna give u a better impression about one of the most favorite players in the league.
Thanks to Per Günhter
1. What is your favorite shoe brand, or do u have a typical shoe u fall in luv with? … & the most important question: Do u think the choice of shoe revels a lot about a persons character?
To perpetuate a stereotype, I have to admit that I spend a whole lot of time in jumpsuits and casual sportswear. So my everyday shoe game mostly consists of all the comfortable NIKES you can think of: Frees, Lunarglides and my personal favorites, the Prestos. But in case I take my beautiful girlfriend out to a restaurant or celebrate a victory, you will most likely see me wearing a pair of CLAES.
Ok let me ask u differently …
2. What kind of character are u? You combine being a pro basketball player & local radio host?
I can only go as far as to say that a shoe might revel a glimpse of a persons character. A little tendency or a preference maybe. Comfortable NIKES and CLAES might have you thinking that I am a laid-back, borderline lazy guy with a soft spot for convenience. Well, that would be correct. But I am also confident, persistent, a sore loser and even worse, a radio host. Plus I take pride in being the class clown from time to time.
3. Over the last 12 month you exploded onto the international and local basketball scene. For some people, success comes over night and for others it is a long road. How do you handle success and how do you manage to be true to yourself? Do you think success is born out of hard work, being at the right place, making the right decisions or is it just pure luck?
I always thought I was good at playing basketball. As a little kid, when I was a teenager, when I started playing for the youth German National Team, as a second division Pro, as a BBL backup – always. So for me personally, nothing much has changed over the course of last year.
The only thing different now, is the Public (a very small part of it anyway) perception of me as a basketball player. Now, there are just a few other people out there, who also think that I am actually good at what I do. I think success is a mix of the points you have mentioned, but I really have to put an emphasis on the decision making. Once you know where you want to go, or what you want to achieve, you have to find a way to put yourself into a position in which you can be successful.
To me, that means finding the right people to surround yourself with, being aware of your priorities and taking a chance when it presents itself.
4. When I look around your apartment I see … a very simple, clean person, on the other hand u have a dishwasher in your bathroom…? Kind of extreme, do u always handle things…lets see how do I say, with a “gut feeling”?
There was simply no room in the kitchen, and I am taking a dishwasher in the bathroom over no dishwasher at all any day of the week. I guess, I am going the pragmatic way sometimes.
5. Last but not least…what is your favorite quote and why?
Since we have been talking about shoes, I will go with what the wise man
Stanislaw Jerzy Lec said: “Barfuß zu gehen, schickt sich nur für die, die Schuhe besitzen.” (“Walking barefoot, is only suitable for people who own shoes.”)